All persons have the right to enjoy the benefits of scientific progress.
|The right to the benefits of scientific progress can be used to campaign:
- Access to the benefits of all available reproductive health technology, including newer methods of contraception, abortion, and infertility treatment, provided those technologies are safe and acceptable
- The provision of information on any harmful effects of reproductive health care technology
- “Use it or lose it” patent provisions that encourage companies to maximize the use of technologies they have developed
- Gender-sensitive medical research
- The withholding of access to safe and acceptable reproductive technologies