All persons have the right not to be subjected to arbitrary interference with their privacy, family, home, papers or correspondence and the right to privacy which is essential to the exercise of sexual autonomy.
|The right to privacy can be used to campaign:
- Service guidelines that ensure that personal information given will remain confidential
- Legal frameworks that recognize the right of individuals to make autonomous choices related to reproduction and sexuality, including, for women, those related to safe abortion
- Sexual and reproductive health information and services for young people, which respect their right to privacy and confidentiality
- Persecution, denial of liberty, or social interference due to sexual orientation
- Forced pregnancy, or continuation thereof
- Breach of confidentiality
- Laws or practices requiring spousal or parental consent for contraception or abortion
|People with disabilities have the right to the privacy which is essential to the exercise of sexual autonomy.